Since 1975,. I have successfully represented employees in cases before the tribunals listed below on this page. Please click on the links to below for more information. I invite you to contact me and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting me does not create any relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to me until such time as an representative-client relationship has been established.

Federal employee hearings are very similar to standard court proceedings. Federal rules of evidence and civil procedures apply. As such, litigants have the right to discovery. This means we can file subpoenas and require witness to testify before or during trial. Timeliness:  In most types of cases, an appeal must be filed within 30 calendar days of the effective date of the action, if any, or within 30 calendar days after the date of receipt of the agency's decision, whichever is later, 45 days for EEOC complaints.  As your representative, I will work hard for you from the beginning of your case through any hearing (if necessary). Many cases are settled prior to a hearing after discovery is completed.  I charge a retainer of  after the initial consultation. The retainer includes; subject matter precedents research, drafting the initial complaint, inclusion of points and authorities, filing the case with the proper jurisdiction, and filing the first response from the answering agency. 

​​Wrongful Termination

The rights of employees to continued employment, promotions, etc. are governed by many laws, both state and federal. This office is primarily involved with protecting the rights of federal civilian employees. Such employees, working for the United States government, generally have the right to continued employment unless the employing agency can prove that there is “just cause” for termination. Such employees have appeal rights for all serious “adverse actions” taken against them by their employer, including terminations, lengthy suspensions without pay, demotions, etc.

Wrongful Termination – If you are fired improperly or unjustly you may be entitled to reinstatement, back-pay and attorney fees.

Demotions and Suspensions (longer than 14 days)

Most federal civilian employees, including Postal Service employees who have served in the military, have the right to appeal such serious adverse actions to the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB). This is a federal administrative agency which makes “quasi-judicial” decisions on such cases. Decisions of the Board are appealable to the federal courts. The Board also has jurisdiction over other matters such as denials of disability retirement applications, reduction-in-force disputes, etc.

Your employment is a valuable asset, and wrongful termination cases can result in your being reinstated to the job with back pay and benefits, plus payment of your attorney fees.

​Federal Employees & Job Applicants

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission enforces 
Federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. These laws protect you against employment discrimination when it involves:

Unfair treatment because of your race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Harassment by managers, co-workers, or others in your workplace, because of your race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Denial of a reasonable workplace accommodation that you need because of your religious beliefs or disability.
Retaliation because you complained about job discrimination, or assisted with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

In addition to laws that EEOC enforces, there are federal protections from discrimination on other bases including sexual orientation, status as a parent, marital status, political affiliation, and conduct that does not adversely affect the performance of the employee.

If you believe that you have been discriminated against by a federal agency, you have a right to file a complaint with that agency. The first step is to contact an EEO Counselor at the agency within 45 days of the discriminatory action. The individual may choose to participate in either counseling, or in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) when the agency offers ADR. Ordinarily, counseling must be completed within 30 days and ADR within 90 days. At the end of counseling, or if ADR is unsuccessful, the individual may then file a complaint with the agency.

Please click Federal Employment Law Resource buttons below.

Please click Federal Employment Issue Resource buttons below.